Foreign Trade Zone #80-10
Port San Antonio’s entire 1,900 acre site is covered by a General Purpose Foreign-Trade Zone (#80-10) designation, allowing our customers the option of activation at any of the Port’s sites or existing buildings.
Foreign-Trade Zones are considered outside the territory of the U.S. for customs purposes. Therefore, goods admitted in a designated Foreign-Trade Zone are not subject to formal U.S. Customs entries or payment of duties while in the zone.
Financial Advantages Provided by Use of a Foreign-Trade Zone
- Improved Cash Flow: Duty payments may be deferred.
- Reduction of Duties: Minor assembly of merchandise is allowable. Duties may be paid on components or finished products.
- Lower Inventory Costs: Reduced duty rates on imported goods during the time they are warehoused within the FTZ.
- Improved Logistics: Goods may be stored for unlimited periods of time.
Operations which are well suited to maximized the benefits of a Foreign Trade Zone:
Activated Foreign-Trade Zone User
This multi-faceted service and assembly company, also headquartered in San Antonio, operates an activated Foreign-Trade Zone.
Contact: Optech (Operational Technologies Corporation)
4100 NW Loop 410, Suite 100
San Antonio, Texas 78229
Office: (210) 926-8888
- Reduction of Duties & Taxes: Duty Deferral, Reduction and elimination; Waste Duty Elimination; Inventory Tax Elimination
- Optimized Customs transactions: Consolidated Clearances & releases to reduce transactional costs. Utilization of the FTZ as a In transit consolidation point for all your foreign origin suppliers where you can ship to clients all over the globe.
- Full Warehousing, Fulfillment services & Transportation
Value added Services:
- Pick, Pack & Ship
- Light Assembly, Kitting, Packaging, sequencing
- Merge in transit
- Testing and configuration
- Returns Management
- Supplier development and management