Job Opening: Program Associate (Full-time)
Position Summary:Provides support to Government Affairs Department, including providing some administrative support and a role in program and legal research
Working Conditions: General office and sedentary atmosphere. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator. Manual dexterity, ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Compiles and analyzes moderately complex data and information for inclusion in reports and/or presentation materials, as needed.
- Coordinates the compliance and adherence to Port guidelines, including unwritten policies, precedents and practices
- Prepares materials and makes necessary arrangements colleagues regarding conference participation, professional correspondence, scheduling and telecommunications needs.
- Keeps up with correspondence and proactively communicates when action is needed from supported executives and staff
- Provides support in the preparation and assembly of reports, summaries or replies to inquiries.
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of presentations and communications/marketing material.
- Assists with policy and legislation research
- Assists with developing plans and strategic initiatives for outreach to various levels of the government
- Database management
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education:High School diploma or equivalent.
Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
Experience:3-5 years of experience in office administration.
Testing: Criminal background check, Drug Test
Other: MS Office Programs
- Knowledge of: operation of office equipment such as fax machines, copiers or phone systems; administrative and clerical procedures and systems; structure and content of the English language; principles and processes for providing customer and personal service; business and management principles.
- Ability to: type; adapt to changing work priorities; meet deadlines and schedules; set priorities; work with detailed information/data and work with frequent interruptions; work in a fast paced environment; add, subtract, multiply and divide units of measure; compute ratio, rate and percent; draw and interpret bar graphs; carry out instruction furnished verbally and in writing; talking to others to convey information.