Job Opening: Controller
Position Summary: Leads the Accounting team in the functions of processing all financial activity, preparing external financial and internal management reporting and supporting all the operational groups of Port San Antonio. Guides the creation and improvement of cross-functional internal processes to align internal operations with ISO requirements and the Port’s business plan and strategic objectives.
Working Conditions: General office and sedentary. Use of personal computing equipment, telephone, multi-functioning printer and calculator. Manual dexterity, ability to lift up to 10 pounds.
- Continuously improves policy, process and procedures that impact accounting functions in conjunction with other department leaders also affected. Documents all such improvements within ISO guidelines and monitors compliance with documented policy, process and procedures.
- Continuously evaluates in discussions with other appropriate personnel the reporting requirements of the Port both external and internal and recommends improvements and changes as needed. Maintains documentation of all reporting determined necessary.
- Constantly monitors compliance with documented internal controls and recommends any necessary adjustments for changes in operations, conditions or best practices.
- The monthly preparation of the company’s consolidated financial statements, management reports and departmental reports. On a quarterly basis, the production of the executive reporting package.
- Certifies the accuracy of all subsidiary reports including the aged receivable and payable, tenant deposits, construction in progress, fixed assets and prepaid expenses.
- Reviews the overall financial performance of all of the company’s overhead departments and works with the department leaders in helping to achieve their financial goals.
- Preparation and filing of all debt covenant reporting packages.
- Performs all bank reconciliations and various treasury functions, including bank liaison and cash flow management between various bank accounts and entities.
- Preparation and filing of the monthly sales and use tax returns.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual corporate and department budgets and supporting schedules.
- Assists in the preparation of audit work papers for year-end audits with outside auditors.
- Provides support and guidance to the accounting managers, staff accountant and accounts payable personnel.
- Other corporate accounting and special projects as assigned.
Education:Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field. Master’s degree in Business or Public Administration preferred.
Experience:10 or more years experience in commercial real estate management and development to include accounting, budgeting, investments and auditing. 5 years management experience.
License & Certification: CPA license strongly preferred.
Testing: Criminal background check, Drug Test
Other: MS Office Programs. Real estate programs such as Yardi, MRI, Timberline, etc.
- Knowledge of: GASB principles; IRS requirements and GAP Standards; various spreadsheet programs; accounting systems; theory and practice of recording, classifying and analyzing accounting records and transactions.
- Ability to: read; write reports, correspondence and procedure manuals; present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and general public; calculate figures, amounts of discounts, interest, commissions proportions and percentages.
Job Opening: Grounds Maintenance Worker (I & II)
Position Summary: Maintains grounds Port San Antonio property.
Working Conditions: Outdoor work, walking, standing, sitting, hearing, bending, crouching. Employee may be subject to moderate noise, extreme temperatures and hazardous conditions. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally with or without accommodation, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Mows lawns, trims and edges around walks, flower beds and walls and installs sod.
- Waters and prunes shrubs and trees to shape and improve growth or remove damaged leaves, branches or twigs.
- Sprays lawn, shrubs and trees with fertilizer, herbicides and insecticides.
- Cleans grounds, removes litter and rakes leaves.
- Spreads salt on public passage ways to prevent ice buildup during freezing weather.
- Plants flowers, trees and shrubs.
- Repairs and paints fences, gates, walls, walks and outbuildings when covered with graffiti.
- Removes debris from drainage ditches and culverts.
- Uses machinery such as bobcats, backhoes, shovels, mowers, edgers, ladders, fertilizer spreaders and lawn rollers.
- Makes minor repairs on equipment and sharpens tools.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications for Level 1
- Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 0-6 months experience in grounds keeping or related field
- License & Certification: Class C driver''s license
- Testing: Criminal background check, Drug Test
Qualifications for Level 2
Education: High School diploma or equivalent
- Experience: 1-2 years experience in grounds keeping or related field
- License & Certification: Class C driver’s license
- Testing: Criminal background check, Drug Test
- Knowledge of: machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
- Ability to: to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals; write routine reports and correspondence; add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure.