East Kelly Railport: Moving Trade Forward
Port San Antonio’s 350-acre East Kelly Railport and its management team are strategic partners to many industries building their futures in South Texas. Businesses in the energy, manufacturing, transloading, warehousing, recycling, ground transportation and other sectors are thriving at the Railport.
Watco Companies: Rail Operator Lays the Foundation for Growth
San Antonio, Texas 78226
In 2012 Watco Companies, a national leader in developing and running short-rail lines around the nation, began operations at East Kelly Railport. The company’s engine transports rail cars from nearby Union Pacific and BNSF Railway lines into East Kelly-delivering an array of bulk and break-bulk products literally to customers’ front door.
Opportunities for Growth
There are 150 rail-served acres for the development of new built-to suit facilities. Combined with the Port’s other logistics assets and ongoing support from an in- house team of logistics, real estate, business development and marketing professionals, businesses at the Railport have a strategic partner and a strong foundation for success.
In addition, existing Port customers CIG Logistics, Fiesta Warehousing, GXO, Amentum, Worldwide Flight Services and The OpTech Group offer third party logistics, transloading, warehousing, import-export and foreign-trade zone services to help industries access the South Texas market and grow here.
The Port San Antonio Advantage
- Efficient truck access to interstate highways 10, 35 and 37
- Entire site is a designated foreign-trade zone (FTZ #80-10)
- Access to the Port’s industrial airport on the region’s largest runway, Kelly Field (SKF)
- In-house expertise in industrial build-to-suit / construction management
- On-site U.S. Customs
- Strongly committed to workforce development in partnership with Alamo Colleges and St. Philip’s College, whose manufacturing, aerospace and diesel mechanics training facilities are located at East Kelly Railport