Kelly Field, Platform for Growth
Excellence in Aerospace & Air Logistics
Port San Antonio is a fast-growing aerospace industry center and a strategic partner to customers at its industrial airport, Kelly Field (SKF), which also serves as a flexible logistics platform.
- Cluster of aerospace customers and over 3,000 workers specializing in commercial and military MRO
- Over 360 air-served acres available for new build-to suit hangars, workshops and air cargo facilities
- Proven workforce development programs in partnership with Alamo Colleges
- Region’s longest runway (11,500 ft) with 24/7 access capable of project and heavy-lift cargo
- Foreign-Trade Zone (#80-10)
- On-site Federal Inspection Services
- Additional warehouse/manufacturing build-to-suit sites at Port’s East Kelly Railport, with direct access to Union Pacific Railroad and BNSF Railway trains
- Fast access to major U.S. interstate highways: 10, 35 and 37, connecting to Mexico, Canada and U.S. coasts
Building a 21st Century Workforce
The St. Philip’s College Southwest Campus at Port San Antonio is the principal site for aerospace training in the region.
- Certificates, associate degrees and customized programs in aerospace maintenance and technology and advanced manufacturing
- Over $5 million in workforce training support for Port’s aerospace customers
- Home to the Alamo Academies, an important aerospace, manufacturing and IT workforce pipeline
- Home to Alamo Colleges’ Workforce Center of Excellence, providing customized training, including just-in-time programs
Kelly Field Support Services
Fixed-Base Operator (FBO) — Atlantic Aviation is the on-site FBO at Kelly Field, offering airport customers a full range of fueling/de-fueling, maintenance/repair and aircraft storage services. For information, contact Atlantic Aviation at 210.921.6100.
U.S. Customs — An on-site Federal Inspection Station (FIS) operated by U.S. Homeland Security is adjacent to Kelly Field and can promptly inspect foreign shipments entering the U.S., including agricultural products.
Foreign-Trade Zone (FTZ #80-10) — The entire Port San Antonio complex is covered by a general purpose U.S. foreign-trade zone designation, offering Port customers significant economic advantages, including deferral, elimination or reduction of import duties.
Rick Crider A.A.E.
Executive Vice President, Airport/Railport & Military Relations
Danny Jones A.A.E.
Director, Airport Operations
Kelly Operation Communications Center (Kelly Ops)
ph: (210) 362-7875
open 24 hours, 7 days a week